Saturday, May 4, 2019

Escuchar: De viaje por Latíno América

Click here for video
Lingo Mastery offers this engaging story. Good listening and reading practice with vocabulary expansion. I find that if I read it out loud, I can get the meaning better than just listening to the story as I can stop and look up words and make sure I'm getting the gist of it.

Here's the vocabulary I picked up and will put into my vocabulary with images process.


alberga … accomodation
soñar despierto … day dream
rojizo … reddish
rasgos duros … hard features
carácter cariñoso y amigable
cocido … boiled
recién ... recently
de qué se trata? ... What’s it all about?
adivinar … guess
definirse … define itself
por fin … at last
festejo … celebración 
alacena … cupboard
vajilla … crockery
saltando … jumping
la cola … tail
cachorro … puppy
travieso … mischievous
patitas … paws
lodo … mud
cabellos … hairs
terrosos … dirty
brindis … toasts
niñez … childhood
afiches … posters
trofeos … trophies
ajedrez. … chess
zarpar … set sail
fantasear … fantasize
equivocado … wrong
rizado … curly
desenvolver … unwind, un wrap
despejar la mente … clear your mind
repentinamente … suddenly
desconcertado … embarrassed
chamarra … jacket
navaja suiza … Swiss knife

No comments:

Post a Comment