Friday, March 22, 2019

Tarea: Anticipando mi viaje a Morelia

Foto desde: whistleout.com.mx
3/19/2019 - My teacher from italki, Juan Carlos, gave me three questions and asked that I choose one to answer and record so that he could review my writing and speaking. He suggested that the answer be at least 45 seconds but not more than three minutes. I chose this one and recorded it as a voice message:

¿Qué lugares te gustaría visitar en los próximos meses?

Here is my answer, new words and my recording:

En abril, voy a visitar a Morelia con mi amiga Bette. Cristina, una otra amiga vive allí. Ella es una escritora que escribe sobre comida mexicana. Su blog cuenta más de cinco millones visitantes. Ella es famosa en el mundo de comida y recientemente se modó a Morelia desde la Ciudad de México porque ella tiene miedo de los terremotos y no quiere estar allí cuando la próxima se ocurrir. Ella nos ha invitado a la casa de una mujer indígena que nos hará una cena tradicional.

Vamos a quedar en Casona Rosa, considerado un hotel distinguido de Morelia. La mujer de negocios del hotel es una amiga por un largo tiempo con mi amiga Cristina.

Morelia, la capital del estado de Michoacán, fue fundada en 1541. Mientras la población ahora es más de quinientos mil, humanos han vivido en el valle desde el siglo séptimo

El trabajo en la Catedral de Morelia continuó durante ciento y cuatro años (sin embargo, algunas personas dicen lo tomó ochenta y cuatro años.) Frecuentemente se llamada la más hermosa catedral en México.

La elevación de Morelia es 1920 metros y tiene un clima subtropical de montaña. Vamos a estar allí durante Semana Santa y anticipamos viendo la catedral, los museos y galerías del arte. 


Process Disclaimer: These stories of places I've explored, or will explore, are written as part of my Spanish language journey. Therefore, they are most likely flawed. My process is to write the stories in Spanish, using the language I have at the time ... occasionally finding a new word in Google Translate (GT) when needed. My new words are highlighted so I can add them to my study list.

After writing a paragraph, I put the Spanish into Google Translate to see if the English represents what I'm trying to say. If it does, I then copy and paste it into the left column and change the language to English. That gives me GT's take on what the Spanish should be. This is where I start to learn by comparing the two versions and asking myself why they are different. The result of this comparison and any changes that come out of it is what you see here.

I am working with a coach who will also check these pages. When he has deemed them correct, I will add "v" for verified after the title.



 


1 comment: